IZEA

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Java.lang.NullPointerException - Invocation Target Exception (Tuxedo Installation)

I was given a task to create a finance demo environment with PeopleTools 8.49 on Windows 2008 R2 machine with a plan upgrading the same later to PeopleTools 8.53. I created the database, installed web logic server and everything went fine. But when I tried installing the Tuxedo 9.1, it was throwing the errors as mentioned in the below screenshots.

I had installed the same earlier and it used to take hardly 5 minutes, but this time it took almost an hour in the first step (below) - GUI mode.


I decided to install the same in command prompt, but resulted the same with below message.


Please find the error message screenshots below. I have come across java null exception kind of messages in web server domain but when I experienced in Tuxedo install, I was completely lost. 


 

Guys… Don’t panic if you get into this situation. The solution is so simple and please follow the below instructions to resolve it.

Select the select file --> right click --> properties, select compatibility tab and check the compatibility mode tab, change the OS as Windows server 2003, then apply. Now start installing and it will go smoothly without any issues.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment